Fixing or putting up a new fence in your home?
You need a Fence Permit. Extreme weather conditions, water safety, and boundary disputes are all reasons why the City and State require this permit.
Keep in Mind
- Don't start work without an approved permit; not complying can lead to daily code enforcement citations.
- Ensure the work description includes the height, fence type, and number of gates following Municipal code requirements.
- After submitting digital plans, remember to complete your task by selecting the task in the Workflow Portals tab. Otherwise, our staff won't know you are done.
- Don’t let your permit expire because this can cause issues when selling your home. Ensure you receive an approved final inspection by scheduling your final inspection and tracking the outcome on our City website
- Visit our Fence Permit Guide to learn more.