Report a Problem Tree

Do you need the City to trim a tree in the public right-of-way?

The City offers tree trimming and inspection services to help avoid falling tree branches. We need your help to identify unhealthy trees or trees that need trimming.

Keep in Mind

  • The City will clear street lights to allow for the street to be lit below the light.
  • Citizens can receive free tree inspections by an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist.
  • If you are concerned about the condition of a tree on your private property, you can still request an inspection to get an unbiased opinion on the condition of your tree.
  • The City does not trim:
    • Crape Myrtles
    • Trees near power lines
    • Trees not growing in or blocking the public right-of-way
    • Limbs growing over private property


Understand what the issue is with the tree

Identify if:

  • The tree has fallen and is blocking the public right of way.
  • There are broken limbs hanging over the street or sidewalk and require immediate attention.
  • There are low hanging branches.
  • The tree looks dead or diseased.

Report the tree to the City

Report a problem Tree

The City will confirm if they are able to take action

An inspection will determine if the tree is in the public right-of-way and whether it should be trimmed or removed.

The City will send an email to you with the final decision and provide a general timeline of when the work will be completed.