Do you have leftover cooking oil in your home?
The City of Orlando offers the public free jugs to increase the recycling of kitchen grease and cooking oil. The City converts this oil into biodiesel. Residents who are recycling used cooking oil are keeping it out of the landfill. Recycling cooking oils also helps to:
- Prevent blockages in your sewer lines
- Reduce expensive maintenance to the sewer system
- Prevent sanitary sewer overflows
Keep in Mind
- A staff person will follow up within 2-3 business days to let you know when to expect your cooking oil recycling container.
- Cooking oil recycling containers are small enough to fit in your kitchen cabinet.
- Full containers can be dropped off at specific community centers found here.